Texas Scamble Member Challenge 2011
Competition : Mae Jo Golf Club Texas Scramble Challenge 2011
Date : Sunday March 13th, 2011
Venue : Mae Jo Golf Club & Resort
Application Period : From Feb 14th, 2011 onward
Tournament Schedule : Registration: Start from 10.30am onward
Tee Time: Start from 12.00pm onward from Hole # 1 and Hole # 10
1 group consists of 2 teams, Maximum 52 teams
(26 groups, 13 groups from Hole # 1 and 13 groups from Hole #10)
Qualifications : A team must be consisted of two players whom must be active members of MJGC&Rs
Registration Fee : 2,500THB per team inclusive of Green Fee, Caddy Fee, Souvenir, Party Dinner, Trophies and Luck draw prizes
Format and Rules of play :
1. A two-player team plays two balls, but with each shot coming from the same spot, the best of the two drives/shots chosen and all two team members hit from that spot, and so on. The player whose ball is chosen plays first, and the second player plays from the same spot with the following criteria
1.1. On the greens, the second player plays from the first players spot which is marked by a marker on the green.
1.2. Outside the greens, the second player plays within 1 foot from the first players spot which is marked by a tee or a divot.
2. At least six drives of each member of the team must be used during the course of the round.
3. The best score of the two then is counted as team score.
4. Format of play: 18-hole stroke play.
5. Handicaps are calculated using system 36
6. Using R&A and local rules of MJGC&R